Saturday, March 14, 2009

Heyyy, another of my favorite cover tunes!

Bone Clones weekend at the Boneyard, Sirius Ch. 19, where they're playing covers of old songs, and guess what's playing now? C'mon, you knew it, sing along with me now..."Twenty-seven, everyone was nice, gotta see em, make em pay the price, see their bodies out on the ice, take my time...Am I evil? Yes, I am!"
A cover of an old Diamond Head song, "Am I Evil" was one of two covers (the other being a blistering rendition of "Blitzkrieg" by the band of the same name) that originally appeared on the B-side of Metallica's "Creeping Death" single, if I remember correctly. Those two songs later appeared on Metallica's debut album as bonus tracks, and then later issued on the 2-cd covers set Garage, Inc., which was where I discovered them. I wasn't that keen on the newer covers on that set, but the second disc with the stuff from the Ride and Justice days was definitely worth the coin...