Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Another great almost-forgotten tune...

...from John Anderson, at The Roadhouse, Sirius Ch. 62: "I just came home to count the memories, from a better day and time..."
Another great neo-traditionalist from the 1980s. Just like there was so much more to Jimmy Buffett than "Margaritaville," and so much more to George Jones than "He Stopped Loving Her Today," there was so much more to John Anderson than "Swingin'." I do hear "Black Sheep" and "I'm Just An Old Chunk of Coal" now and then, but I hadn't heard "I Just Came Home..." in years. I had almost forgotten how good it was.
Oh, another great one, from Tammy Wynette, 11:05 am: "I don't wanna play house, I know it can be fun...I've watched Mommy and Daddy, and if that's the way it's done, I don't wanna play house, it makes my Mommy cry...'cause when she played house, my Daddy said goodbye..."