Monday, May 11, 2009

Oh, hells yes. I WILL be there.

So I've been getting a lot of hits for this search ever since I posted it way back when; as you see, that post is No. 1 with a bullet. Just this morning I got a hit from Lubbock. I go to The Man's official website to look and see how the '09 tour's looking, and what do I see?

8/8/09 Reliant Stadium Houston, TX 5/16/09
I summoned my Google-fu, and found this:
George Strait has added a date in Houston's Reliant Stadium to his upcoming spring/summer tour, his first full-length concert in the Texas city since 2001.
The Aug. 8 show--which will also feature Sugarland and Julianne Hough--comes at the tail end of Strait's current schedule, which kicks off Saturday (5/9) in Hidalgo, TX. Though he hasn't played headlining dates in Houston of late, he has been a regular at the annual RodeoHouston concerts, which take place during the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.

Oh, HELL YEAH! *insert fist pump here* Strait was only making two stops in Texas this year, down in the Rio Grande Valley Saturday night and the show in Dallas next month at the new Cowboys stadium. Neither one of those quite worked out for me for varying reasons. I thought I was going to have to say "maybe next year." Looks like I won't now. Come hell or high water, you will see me there. I don't CARE if I've seen him 14 times already. I'm going to keep going until he goes home to his South Texas ranch to stay. Yeah, it's that good.