Friday, August 21, 2009

Why don't I pick up hitchhikers?

'Cause of stuff like this right here:

Another large-scale manhunt is happening in Waller County, this time for a hitchhiker who authorities say attacked two sets of Good Samaritans in the Hempstead area, carjacking one couple who offered him a ride and later shooting two men.

I'd be interested to know just how many horror movies have been made about exactly this sort of thing. It sucks, indeed, but it is what it is -- especially after dark. But I don't even pick anyone up during the day. I really do wonder how many of those folks out during the day don't have malevolent intentions. It's something to think about, I think, especially in this day and age when everybody and their brother has cell phones that they can use to call for a ride. Just my thoughts...