Tuesday, March 11, 2008

More McCain Musings

Ahab said in comments here:

I despise (voting for McCain). But like KDT says, I love my country more than I hate John McCain, which is why I'll be punching his name into the infernal machine come November.

Once again, I can see his point, but still I do not agree. Personally, I agree a lot more with Tam's translation of that -- "I love my country so much that I'll screw it by encouraging the GOP to nominate more statist tools like John McCain." And although I don't think any less of many who are going to vote for McCain because of Kim du Toit's sentiment, I still think Tam's interpretation is dead on. When you have someone like John McCain who so gleefully betrays conservative ideals, then really, what's the point of voting for him? We survived eight years of one Clinton. Would more of another, or Barack Obama, really be all that bad if we could at least counterbalance them in Congress? I'd be willing to try to find out. I really don't see how it could be any worse.
(more here...)