Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Morgan Spurlock Can Go To Hell

I always did think filmmaker Morgan Spurlock had at least a couple of screws loose, but I never knew he was such a Super Size Asshole.

The filmmaker who ate nothing but McDonald's meals for a month for his Oscar-nominated film "Super Size Me" gave a profanity-laced, politically incorrect speech at a suburban Philadelphia high school, but not everyone was lovin' it.

Speaking at Hatboro-Horsham High School's first-ever health fair, Morgan Spurlock joked about the intelligence of McDonald's employees, about "retarded kids in the back wearing helmets" and teachers smoking pot in the balcony.


Judas Priest. It just doesn't get much more despicable than that. I guess it's easy to look down on other people when you make truckloads of money, but to make fun of some of the most vulnerable people in society is just beyond the pale. You know what would be great? If people who pulled crap like that actually had to walk in those kids shoes, for an indeterminate amount of time,fully cognizant of the fact that they had once been, for lack of a better term, just like everyone else. Let them see what it's like to be stared at, pointed at, made fun of. Retarded. What a load. I bet most of those kids that jackass referred to as "retarded" would know, without some idiot filmmaker telling them, that eating fast food all the time is bad for you.
Do I take that sort of thing personally? Damn skippy I do...because but for the grace of God, it could have been me. I don't know the stories of those kids at the school at which Spurlock appeared, but I'd almost be willing to bet that one of or two have a full-blown case of what I have -- cerebral palsy. The doctors took care of business in time for me to to come out of it not too bad off, but I was left walking with a limp and having limited use of my right hand...and that's the extent of it. I still lead a full, normal life...go to the beach and get drunk, ride on an inner tube behind a boat, I am a decent shot with a pistol from 15 yards...I am indeed quite blessed. Most people with what I have can't take care of themselves, much less be independent and lead a normal life. And they, and every other person who was born with some sort of mental or physical defect, deserve better than to be made fun of by some asshole who, but for the grace of God, could have been walking in their shoes.