Tuesday, May 08, 2007

From One Gun Owner To Another? I Don't Think So, Scooter...

Via JR, we have this from well, just read it...


Having owned guns and been an active hunter for more than 60 years, I feel qualified to speak on the subject of guns.

Why do I own a gun in the first place? I can think of only three possible reasons:

1. To go hunting.

2. To use for target practice.

3. For self-defense.



I can't think of any other reason - can you? That being the case, why do we gun owners need an assault weapon? Is it just for kicks? Isn't it time we stepped up and told the National Rifle Association to take the lead in calling for a ban on the manufacture of all automatic and assault weapons of every caliber?

During World War II, a manufacturer had to have a Defense Order to produce anything for use by the armed forces. If we reinstated such a requirement, we could eliminate the manufacture or importation of these "toys" except for armed service or police use and put an end to multiple slayings like Virginia Tech and Columbine.

NRA could expand its membership and win over many anti-gun folks by taking this lethal bull by the horns.

The NRA needs to hear it from us gun owners.
Indeed they do, but not in the way this fool thinks. Every now and then I am left utterly dazzled by some people's lack of sense God gave people to even come in out of the rain, and, well, this is one of those times. I don't know if you could even call this asshole a Fuddite, I mean, I'd like to think that even they aren't so far gone. Just one more appeaser, I guess, either too stupid to know or too selfish or evil to care (at least right now) that throwing the rest of us to the wolves isn't going to save his precious deer gun in the end; it only means they'll take that sniper rifle last. One more time, from the Geek...

If you own a duck gun or a deer rifle, and see nothing wrong with the "Assault Weapons Ban", I remind you that the Second Amendment is of sober and serious purpose that is not about your trivial right to entertain yourself with sports shooting.

When they come for your duck gun, my battle rifle and I won't be there to help you, because at that point, I either won't have a battle rifle, or it's shards will have been buried with me.

And if that came to pass because you were sitting on your ass, you won't deserve any help either.


It just can't be said any better than that...