Tuesday, March 06, 2007

So I bought a new toy yesterday...

Not a gun, but still a nifty little gadget, one that a lot of people have.
I had a Gerber multi-tool for a long time, but it seems I lost it on a road trip a few months back. Really liked it too, it came in handy more than once for me. I've been meaning to get a new one but one thing led to another and life more or less got in the way.
It wormed its way back into the forefront of my mind via L'Affaire de Zumbo, when it was revealed that Gerber was one of Zumbo's sponsors. About the time Gerber dropped him, I got my tax refund and thought, hey, maybe I'll go shopping. So yesterday I did, and I picked up one of these, a Diesel Multi-Plier. It has needlenose pliers, a wire cutter and crimper, a partially serrated knife blade, a cross point screwdriver, small, medium and large flat blade screwdrivers (via an add-on toolkit), can opener, bottle opener, file, saw and scissors. I got the bead-blasted model, and it's a beauty -- actually a pretty good step up from the one I had before, with the only trade-off being that it won't fit in my pocket nearly as well as the one I had before. But that's where the belt loop on the sheath comes in. ;-) I think I did pretty good.