Saturday, July 15, 2006

Irony from the UK?

(background here, here, here, here and here)

Regarding the nasty, threatening comments made by moonbat leftist professor Deborah Frisch (whose name has now been immortalized as a verb) against Colorado blogger Jeff Goldstein at Protein Wisdom, a fellow with the online handle of Brit had this to say:


If this little fracas between two egotistical bloggers had taken place in the UK, and you had taken the matter to the authorities, you would have been told, in no uncertain terms, to grow a pair of balls and learn to cope with Ms Frisch’s colourful terminology in a less fearful manner.


How rich is the irony there, coming as it supposedly did from a subject (you'll note I didn't call him a citizen) of the United Kingdom, where just about any kind of self-defense is outlawed, where they tell you if someone breaks into your house to give them what they want, to cooperate at all costs? I'd be willing to bet that they'd probably shut Goldstein's site down and say it was all his fault if all this was going on over there. Whatever the case may be, I'd like to think that as far down the toilet the UK has gone, they still give half a shit when somebody makes any kind of threat against a toddler. Yet another reason I am glad I am an American, and a Texan, as if anyone threatened my loved ones like that, I have a hell of a lot more options, up to and including Mr. John Moses Browning's creation. Looks like Mr. Goldstein might be taking that route, and I must say, I think he's doing the right thing.