Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oh man, this is just golden.

I guess I missed this at Country California when it was posted. But considering I've just recently discovered Danzig, and the band was mentioned in a comment here, I had to go looking for that original post. And here it is (in bold)...

Martina McBride’s new album Shine comes out March 24...
...what is a surprise is her odd choice of cover song to include as an iTunes bonus track for the deluxe edition of the album. McBride will offer her version of rock band Danzig’s “Dirty Black Summer,” a grinding, soulful song that some have interpreted to be about crossing over into the path of evil....
McBride’s management would not comment on the song, but one of her friends told us: “Martina is experimenting a little; you can only sing so many Lifetime-friendly songs about kids dressed as bags of leaves before you feel the need to branch out.”

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!! I bet Jack Sparks would love that...