Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Yep, this is what might happen...

...if you walk into a Texas establishment and try to rob it...

A 77-year-old man was within his rights when he shot a robber during a holdup of a game room in unincorporated Galveston County, Texas City police officials said Tuesday.
“He is truly a victim whose back was against the wall,” said Texas City police Capt. Brian Goetschius, referring to Robert Hays.
...
"It's not an easy thing to pull a trigger on a human being,'' Hays said. "But, when that man stood over me and said, 'Give me all your money,' my blood just boiled."

As well it should have, at such a blatant violation of the social contract. To think there are those out there who would say that old man should have just given the robbers what they wanted, though, is what makes MY blood boil. Why do so many people think we shouldn't have the right to defend ourselves? I don't think I'll ever understand that.

Just heard a song from an act called Texas Hippie Coalition. What a name for a band. Not bad, though, not bad at all. They sound a lot like Pantera...that's who I thought it was when I hit the button and heard it.